Social Media in the Enterprise: Adoption in 2012
There is no doubt that the social media “phenomenon” has been embraced by most average Web users. But from Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, to LinkedIn and the plethora of emerging social tools and platforms that seem to sprout every week, enterprises appear to be struggling with this new medium. Or are they?
- Is it simply a new channel for marketing?
- How can customer service organizations manage the sheer volume of customer conversations flowing through the Social Web?
- Who, in enterprise organizations, “gets” social media?
- What are the barriers to social media adoption by the enterprise?
In their latest 2012 social media survey, Thinkjar and Beagle Research reach out to over 20,000 enterprise professionals to help develop a clearer picture of social media adoption in organizations. We’ve distilled some of the survey results into a cool infographic that you can download for free!
Enterprise Social Media Adoption Webinar
Thinkjar and Beagle Research will be presenting the results of their social media survey at the next Attensity Webinar. Don’t miss this hour of insightful discussion on how social media is evolving in the enterprise.
Wednesday, September 19th at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT
* All registrants will receive a complimentary copy of this 41-page survey/report.