Social Media Analysis Around Second Presidential Debate Reveals Swing Voter Sentiment
Social Analytics Company Attensity Offers Detailed Insights and Voting Intentions on Each Candidate from Social Conversations
PALO ALTO, California, October 17, 2012 — Attensity (http://www.attensity.com), the leading provider of social analytics and engagement applications, has issued its analysis of social media conversations related to the October 16 Presidential debate. As with Attensity’s analysis of the recent Vice Presidential debate, the most revealing insights related to viewer sentiment and voter intentions came from the swing states: Ohio, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
In the state of Ohio, Attensity Analyze found that President Barack Obama received significantly more positive than negative sentiment. Governor Mitt Romney, on the other hand, experienced significantly more negative than positive sentiment. There were relatively few people expressing their voting intentions, but those who did from Ohio indicated a preference for Romney. The overall social media universe, however, responded negatively to Romney’s behavior and sometimes evasive answers.
A synopsis and full report of Attensity’s Presidential debate analysis can be found at: http://blog.attensity.com/?p=5175
More information on Attensity Analyze and other solutions is available at the following events:
- Teradata PARTNERS, October 21-25, Washington, DC
- Social Media for Customer Service Summit, October 23-24, New York City (Catherine van Zuylen, VP of global product management, speaking)
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium West, October 30, San Francisco (van Zuylen speaking)
- Attensity complimentary webinar, “Delighting Your Customers Through Twitter Customer Service,” October 31
- Text Analytics Summit West, November 13-14, San Francisco (keynote and panel with VP of Corporate Development Michelle de Haaff)
- Big Analytics, November 7, New York City
Attensity’s social analytics and engagement solutions are the choice of the world’s leading brands for Social CRM. Attensity is the only company that gives business users the ability to analyze millions of real-time customer conversations from any online, social media or internal source, and extract the industry’s most accurate insights to drive business decisions. From its headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif., Attensity is powering the Social CRM strategies of companies such as Charles Schwab, Cisco, JetBlue, Lloyd’s Banking Group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Travelocity and Whirlpool. Visit www.attensity.com and follow the company at blog.attensity.com, on Twitter @Attensity, and on facebook.com/Attensity.
Back to Top