Attensity Adds to Patent Portfolio for Unstructured Data Analysis Technology
Redwood City, CA – July 8, 2014 – Attensity (@Attensity), the leading provider of corporate insight solutions based on proprietary data contextualization, today announced the issuance of US Patent No. 8,645,395 on unstructured data sentiment analysis. This patent was awarded to Biz360 Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Attensity Group, Inc., and adds to the nearly dozen that Attensity currently holds for analysis of unstructured data.
About the Patent
- This new, patented technology is used when defining data sets during sentiment analysis.
- By splitting the unstructured text into one or more segments, lexical categories can be created and a sentiment-rating engine coupled to the information can now evaluate the opinions for products, services and entities.
- This provides greater depth into the ‘Who, What and Why’ of any opinion being analyzed.
- “This technology forms the bedrock for detailed sentiment and advocacy analysis that customers leverage as part of their reporting portfolio,” explained James Purchase, Attensity’s VP of Product Management.
- “The issuance of this patent further validates the years of research and affirms our innovative leadership. We expect additional patent issuances, which will further strengthen our broad IP portfolio,” said Jonathan Schwartz, General Counsel at Attensity.
Attensity is a leading provider of corporate insight solutions based on proprietary data contextualization for Global 1000 companies. As a pioneer in natural language processing and sentiment analysis, Attensity’s solutions identify relevant and accurate information from multi-channel data sources using highly sophisticated and patented semantic technologies, analytics and context based discovery. Using Attensity’s integrated solutions, enterprise companies can interpret and “understand” massive amounts of structured and unstructured data from many different sources, thereby helping to improve customer experience, manage brand equity, enhance revenue, mitigate business risk, and help inform business strategies. Visit www.attensity.com. Follow the company at blog.attensity.com, @Attensity, and facebook.com/Attensity
Jamie Larson Camargo
Consort Partners PR