As the leader of the Technical Consulting team, you will be a player/coach working with technical consultants, internal stakeholders, and customers to deliver and manage technical solutions and data associated with the Attensity suite of products. This is a technical role within the Professional Services team which requires deep technical knowledge and creative solutions. You are passionate about solving technical challenges. You possess a strong focus on quality and attention to detail. Naturally curious, you have a penchant for quickly learning new skills and technologies. You are collaborative and humble. You celebrate success and learn from failure.
Ideal candidates will have strong core Java programming skills, excellent design and problem solving skills, strong knowledge of web technologies including web servers, application servers, and web services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical engagements for top enterprise customers
- Assist with beta customer engagements for new products, and provide feedback to the product development organizations
- Partner with Professional Services leadership and Sales to develop a plan for making sure Attensity is part of each customer’s core architecture through your strong product knowledge, client relationship-building and experience leading Java/J2EE/J2SE enterprise systems implementations
- Develop and implement ETL solutions for customer data acquisition using ETL, scripting or programming solutions
- Support the extraction environment for on-demand customers
- Work closely and effectively with other members of the Professional Services team to produce solutions that meet customers' needs
- Co-ordinate the setup of Attensity software installations and upgrades at customer sites
- Proactively debug and resolve any issues relating to customer implementations. Issues could be related to, but not limited to, data corruption, systems scheduling, ETL workflows, application software administration and recurring data load failure due to load code or data format changes
- Work with Knowledge Engineering team members on customization of linguistic rules and patterns to meet customers’ business needs
- Adhere to production and version control processes and procedures
- Mentor and manage direct reports in delivery, staff planning, timesheet management, performance appraisals and other operational and HR needs
- Collaborate with client services and company leadership on sales, business planning, project coordination/staffing, and internal initiatives
- 10+ years of technical consulting experience with some management responsibility
- 7+ years of experience in Java Coding/Debugging.
- Responsibility for ETL creation (design, scripting, databases, extractions)
o ETL can be defined as having sufficient technical skills to acquire source data, manipulate the data according to specific guidelines, and move the data to a new location via scripting/SQL/ETL tools.
o Experience working with a variety of data inputs including CSV, text files, or database dumps loaded via FTP or direct database inputs.
- RDBMS management and configuration experience.
o Experience in one of the following DB technologies is required: Oracle 11g+, MS SQL Server 2014+, Teradata 13+ MySQL 5+, Vertica 6+
- Web Server management and configuration (Tomcat, IIS, J2EE servers) and web browsers
- Strong written and verbal English skills
Desired Skills/ Abilities and Requirements:
- Strong Web Server/Application Server management & configuration
- Strong Linux/Unix OS experience
- Experience with scripting language like Shell Script/SED/AWK/Perl
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering Java Application Server based applications in a third party hosted environment
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, SSIS, Pentaho, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and experience with Database management and query tools (Toad, SQL Workbench, SQuirreL, etc).
- 10+ years of Enterprise Software, Saas, Application and / or Content Management Experience
- 5+ years of experience in one of the following DB technologies is required: Vertica (Ideal), Hadoop (Ideal), Oracle 11g+, MS SQL Server 2014+, Teradata 13+ MySQL 5+, Vertica 6+
- Ability to communicate with business as well as technical customers to understand and resolve their issues
- Highly organized and motivated
- Some travel required – up to 25%.
- Business Intelligence application setup and configuration (Business Objects, Cognos, Microstrategy, Oracle)
- Java Certification
- Computational Linguistics experience
- BS degree in EE or CS or equivalent work experience required